Monday 13 October 2014

Italian Bruschetta

Classic, With Tomatoes and with Peppers

Bruschetta is a very easy recipe which is mainly used as an appetizer! Some days ago we were at a birthday party, and, since dinner was late, me and my friend prepared a couple of them! It took us 10 minutes. I love their simple taste and how easy you can make them!

Today, I propose three simple variations of Bruschetta: Classic, with fresh Tomato and Basil and with baked Peppers.

Also, please note that the classic Italian Bruchetta, it is not prepared with a baguette!


Basic Ingredients:                With Fresh Tomato                  With Baked Peppers

Durum Wheat Bread              2 Tomatoes                                 3 Peppers
2-3 Garlic Gloves                  4-5 leaves of fresh Basil              4-5 leaves of fresh Basil
Salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

 

Procedure: 

Step 1: Cut the bread into medium thick slices. Use a grilling pan to toast the bread. Leave it cool off for 2-3 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the different bruschettas:

Classic Bruschetta



Step 2.1: For the classic bruschetta you need to  use the lightly rub the piece of bread a couple of times with a cut clove of garlic. Drizzle with some good extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with a tiny pinch of salt.

Bruschetta with Fresh Tomatoes and Basil
Bruschetta with Baked Peppers

  



Step 2.2: For the Fresh Tomato and Basil Bruchetta: chop the tomato into small cubes, remove the water and seeds and mix it with some olive oil, salt and finely chopped basil. 
Then lightly rub the piece of bread a couple of times with a cut clove of garlic. Drizzle with some good olive oil and add the prepared tomatoes.




 Step 2.3: Clean and bake three differently colored bell peppers in the oven (alternatively you can also grill them). Once cooked, peal the skin off and cut them into stripes. Finely grate a garlic glove and add it to the peppers. Finally, add the salt, some finely chopped fresh basil and the oil.
Then lightly rub the piece of bread a couple of times with a cut clove of garlic. Drizzle with some good olive oil and add the prepared peppers.




Let me know if you enjoy this recipe or if you have any questions or suggestions.

You can also watch me prepare the recipe here:





With Love,
Sara

6 comments:

  1. I love love love this post. Beautiful colors and the recipe looks so good and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made bruschetta. This looks like a perfect end of summer treat. I will need to favorite your video on Youtube so I can watch it later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, now I want Brushetta. I love how light it is. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that looks so good....even at 8 in the morning my mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Bruschetta. I usually make mine with fresh tomatoes, onions and some mozzarella cheese crumbles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly would love to come to your house for a meal. <3 BLOGMA LOVE.

    ReplyDelete